IMG224/4 Processing Technology of Plant-Based Food Products
This course provides an overview of various aspects and technologies involved in producing plant-based food products. This course will focus on the importance of various ingredients and processing steps on product safety and quality.
This course is designed to expose undergraduates to the overview of various aspects and technologies involved in producing plant-based food products.
➤ Chapter 1: Fruits and Vegetables Processing Technology
➤ Chapter 2: Confectionery Technology
➤ Chapter 3: Chocolate Processing Technology
➤ Chapter 4: Coffee Processing Technology
➤ Chapter 5: Tea Processing Technology
➤ Chapter 6: Cereal Processing Technology
➤ Chapter 7: Legumes Processing Technology
➤ Lab 1: Drying of potatoes
➤ Lab 2: Jams making
➤ Lab 3: Spray dried tea powder
➤ Lab 4: The making of chocolate
➤ Lab 5: Breadmaking
➤ Lab 6: The making of toufufah
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to:
1. Describe the function of a material in determining the quality of the final product.
2. Specify a significant step in the specific processing step in ensuring the quality and safety of food products based on certain plants.
3. Evaluate the causes of quality decline or failure of a plant-based food product.
4. Evaluate processing in the production of plant-based food products clearly and effectively in writing.
5. Interact with group members and work effectively in groups to produce a quality presentation show.