Rabeta Mohd. Salleh
|Rabeta bt. Mohd
WELCOME TO MY WEBSITE…
I joined the Food Technology Division, School of Industrial Technology on 1st June 2009. Prior to coming to USM Penang, I started my career at the Dietetic Programme, School of Health Sciences, Health Campus , Universiti Sains Malaysia, Kelantan on 1st August , 2008. I have taught Biochemistry, Food Commodity, Nutrition and Food Chemistry courses.
This personal website will provide you more insight about my personal background, research interests, publications, and others. I have created this site especially for my friends, family members, colleagues and anyone who are interested in following my progress.
|1.||1st June 2009 till recent||
Lecturer of Food Technology Division,
|2.||1st August 2008 till 30 May 2009||
Lecturer of Dietetic Programme,
|3.||Jan-July 2008||Pensyarah sandaran, USM Kelantan|
|4.||October-Disember 1998||Research Assistant, UPM|
|1.||1st June 2009 till recent||
Lecturer of Food Technology Division,
|2.||1st August 2008 till 30 May 2009||
Lecturer of Dietetic Programme,
|3.||Jan-July 2008||Pensyarah sandaran, USM Kelantan|
|4.||October-Disember 1998||Research Assistant, UPM|
|2009||Incentive (5K)||Selected Local Foods: Structures and Colours Profile in Relationship to Health and Nutrition||Main researcher||Completed|
|2010-2013||Short term Grant (40K)||In Vitro Study the Effects of Food Flowers and Leaves of Clitoria ternatea and Vitex Negundo Linn.||Main researcher||Completed|
|2014-2016||Short term Grant (40K)||Identification of Novel Nutraceutical Components of Ocimum tenuiflorum L. with Antidiabetic Potential.||Main researcher||Completed|
|2015-2018||RU Grant (154,300.10)||Antihyperglycemic and Wound Healing Effects of Nutraceutical Ocimum tenuiflorum L. From Cell-Based Assays and Experimental Animal Model||Main researcher||Completed|
|2015-2018||FRGS MOHE (142K)||Kerabu and Lemuni Rice as Functional Foods: Digestibility and Nanoscopic Study||Main researcher||Completed|
|2018||Bridging Grant (10K)||Enzymatic Hydrolysis of Indian Squid (Loligo duvauceli) and Cuttlefish (Sepia officinalis) Ink Powder and Characterization of The Hydrolysates as a Food Ingredient||Main researcher||Completed|
|2019||Bridging Grant (24,205)||Roles of squid ink powder enzyme hydrolysates (SIPEHs) and cuttlefish ink powder enzyme hydrolysates (CIPEHs) as a food ingredient.||Main researcher||On-going|
|2019||Dana Inovasi Awal (15K)||XpressHeal Drink||Main researcher||On-going|
2. Food Chemistry
4. Functional Food
Currently, I am supervising 1 PhD student.
1. Farah Atiqah Abd Rahman. Msc. 2016. Phytochemical Screening And Antihyperglycaemic Activities Of Cordyceps Sinensis And Its Based Product, Esulin In Vitro And In Vivo.
2. Ashuwini Sridaran. Msc. 2013. Effects Of Domestic Processing On Quality Of Jering [Pithecellobium Jiringa (L.)]
3. Jeevani Osadee Wijekoon. Msc. 2011. Chemical Composition And Biological Properties Of Etlingera Elatior Jack. (Torch Ginger) Inflorescence.
4. Boshra Varastegani. 2019. Roasted Nigella Sativa Seed As Beverage and Functional Ingredient In Foods-Exploratory Studies.
1. Noratirah Shazlin Binti Muhamad Adyab. Msc. 2016. Effects Of Mangosteen (Garcinia Mangostana) On Biochemistry Profile, Antioxidant Activity, Inflammatory Biomarkers, Liver And Kidney Histology In Rats Feed High Fat Diet.
2. Choong Horng Tatt. Msc. 2015. Factors Associated With Depressive Symptoms Among Chinese Elderly In Kampung Baru Sungai Chua, Kajang, Selangor.
3. Noor Atiqah Aizan Abdul Kadir. Msc. 2015. Effects Of Tamarillo (Cyphomandra Betacea) On Body Weight, Biochemistry Profile, Antioxidant Enzyme, Inflammatory Biomarkers, And Liver And Kidney Histology In High Fat Diet-Induce Obese Rats.
- Beauty Akter,Rabeta Mohd Salleh,Charles Ng Wai Chun,Mohamad Hafizi Abu Bakar,Go Furusawa. 2021. Identification and growth study of potential probiotic isolated from pineapple, watermelon, and banana peels. Journal of Food Processing and Preservation.
- Yang Wen Huey, Ayu Shazwani Zulkipli, Husnul Azan Tajarudin and Rabeta Mohd Salleh. 2021. Physicochemical Properties of Pre-Treated Cuttlebone Powder and Its Potential as an Alternative Calcium Source. Journal of Food Processing and Preservation. https://doi.org/10.1111/jfpp.15831.
- Ayu Shazwani Zulkipli and Rabeta Mohd Salleh. 2021. The Flavor improvement of protein hydrolysates derived from cephalopods by-products using Maillard reaction: a short review. ASM Sc. J., Vol. 15, 2021. https://doi.org/10.32802/asmscj.2021.694.
- Rohini Jayaraman, Nasir Yusoff and Rabeta Mohd Salleh. 2021. The Comparative wound healing study of Ocimum tenuiflorum leaves extract and its formulation on Sprague Dawley rats. ASM Sc. J., Vol. 15, 2021. https://doi.org/10.32802/asmscj.2021.695.
- Ayu Shazwani Zulkipli, Husnul Azan Tajarudin, Wan Ezumi Mohd Fuad and Rabeta Mohd Salleh. 2021. Acute oral toxicity of squid and cuttlefish ink powder enzyme hydrolysates in Sprague-Dawley rats in accordance with the OECD Test Guideline 425. Food Research (accepted).
- Nor Hazliana Harun, Nor Atiqah Rasdi, Rabeta Mohd Salleh, Sabreena Safuan, Wan Amir Nizam Wan Ahmad and Wan Ezumi Mohd Fuad. 2021. Subacute Toxicity Evaluation of Methanolic Extract of Syzygium polyanthum in Rats. Tropical Life Sciences Research, 32(2), 65–81, 2021.
- Muhammad Ezzudin Ramli, Rabeta Mohd Salleh, Husnul Azan Tajarudin and Musfirah Zulkurnain. 2021. Influence of amylose content on phenolics fortification of different rice varieties with butterfly pea (Clitoria ternatea) flower extract through parboiling. LWT- Food Science and Technology. 147 (2021) 111493.
- Chan Lik Hao, Effarizah Mohd Esah, Husnul Azan Tajarudin, Beauty Akter and Rabeta Mohd Salleh. 2021. Effect of Potential Prebiotics from Selected Fruits Peel on the Growth of Probiotics. Journal of Food Processing and Preservation. http://doi.org/10.1111/jfpp.15581
- Akter, B. and Rabeta, M.S. 2021. Synbiotic and antioxidant activity of fruit by-products and their effect on human health. Food Research. 5 (1) : 24 – 35.
- Rohini Jayaraman, Rabeta Mohd Salleh and Wan Ezumi Mohd Fuad. 2021. Polysaccharides as wound healing agent: a mini review. Food Reseearch. 5 (2): 31-37.
- Rohini, J., Muhammad Ezzudin, R. and Rabeta, M.S. 2021. An Attempt to Improve the Solubility and Stability of Ocimum tenuiflorum Aqueous Leaves Extract. Food Research. 5 (1) : 357 – 365.
- Rohini Jayaraman, Rabeta Mohd Salleh and Wan Ezumi Mohd Fuad. 2021. Acute Oral Toxicity Study of Xpressheal Drink on Adult Female Sprague-Dawley Rats. Food Research. 5 (1): 390-393.
- Beauty Akter, Mohd Salleh Rabeta and Mohamad Hafizi Abu Bakar. 2021. Synbiotic Efficacy in Human Disease: A Therapeutic Approach. Journal of Tropical Agricultural Science. 44 (1): 69-82.
- Siti Nurfarhana Sabireen, Siti Amrah Sulaiman, Rabeta Mohd Salleh and Wan Ezumi Mohd Fuad. 2020. Correlation between 5-Hydroxymethylfurfural (HMF) Concentration and Physicochemical Properties in Fresh and Aged Tualang Honey. Asian Journal of Medicine and Biomedicine. Vol 4 (2):
- Nasir Yusoff, Hue San Kuay, Rabeta Mohd Salleh, Rohani Ismail, Roslee Ahmad And Audrey Antoine. 2020. Malay Traditional Games Are Never A Loss: An Emotional Reflection Of Malaysians And Immigrants In Malaysia. GeoJournal of Tourism and Geosites. vol. 31, no. 3, p.1004-1009.
- Nurjamalina Fasihah Ja’afar, Muhammad Ezzudin Ramli and Rabeta Mohd Salleh. 2020. Optimum Extraction Condition of Clitorea ternatea Flower on Antioxidant Activities, Total Phenolic, Total Flavonoid and Total Anthocyanin Contents. Tropical Life Sciences research. 31(2): 1-17.
- Leila Mousavi, Rabeta Mohd Salleh and Vikneswaran Murugaiyah. 2020. Antidiabetic and In Vitro Enzyme Inhibition Studies of Methanol Extract of Ocimum tenuiflorum Linn Leaves and Its Fractions. Tropical Life Sciences research. 31(1): 141–158. DOI: https://doi.org/10.21315/tlsr2020.31.1.9
- Ayu Shazwani Zulkipli and Rabeta Mohd Salleh. 2020. Enzymatic hydrolysis as an approach to produce alternative protein from cephalopods ink powder: a short review. Food Research. 4 (5) : 1383 - 1390.
- Akter, B., Talukder, N., Bari, L. and Rabeta, M.S. 2020. Evaluation of ripening period, shelf life, and physiological properties of Sobri (Musa cavendish) and Sagor (Musa oranta) bananas triggered by ethephon and calcium carbide. Food Research 4 (2) : 407 - 412.
- Leila Mousavi, Rabeta Mohd Salleh and Vickneswaran Murugaiyah. 2019. Nutritional and Antinutritional Values of Leaves and Stems of Ocimum tenuiflorum L. Food Research. 3 (6): 798 – 807.
- Murnisyazwani, J. and Rabeta, M.S. 2019. Antioxidant and Antimicrobial Activity of Manilkara zapota L. Juice and Bar. Food Research. 3 (5): 400 - 406.
- Nur Amilah Anuar and Rabeta Mohd Salleh. 2019. Development of Fruit Jam from Averrhoa bilimbi L. Journal of Food Processing and Preservation. https://doi.org/10.1111/jfpp.13904.
- Rohini, J., Mansoureh, N.V., Fouad Saleih, R.Al-S., Rabeta, M.S. and Amin Malik Shah, A.M. 2019. Preliminary screening on wound healing potential of Ocimum tenuiflorum l. using in vitro assays. Food Research. 3 (3): 258 – 264.
- Hossain, M.P., Rabeta, M.S. and Husnul Azan, T. 2019. Medicinal and therapeutic properties of cephalopod ink: a short review. Food Research. 3 (3): 188 – 198.
- Muhammad Ezzudin, R., Rabeta, M.S., Shaida Fariza, S., Leong Ooi, K. and Nurul Shafiqah, H. 2019. Primary and secondary antioxidant activities of nine edible mushrooms species. Food Research. 3 (1): 14 – 20.
- Syahirah, J. and Rabeta, M.S. 2019. Antioxidant and antimicrobial activity of lemuni noodle. Food Research. 3 (1): 7 – 13.
- Leila Mousavi, Rabeta Mohd Salleh and Vickneswaran Murugaiyah. 2018. Phytochemical and bioactive compounds identification of Ocimum tenuiflorum leaves of methanol extract and its fraction with an anti-diabetic potential. International Journal of Food Properties 21(1):2390-2399.
- Leila Mousavi, Rabeta Mohd Salleh, Vikneswaran Murugaiyah. 2018. Toxicology Assessment of Ocimum tenuiflorum L. Leaves Extracts on Streptozotocin-Induced Diabetic Rats. Malaysian Journal of Microscopy. vol. 14: 124-156.
- Siti Mahirah, Y., Rabeta, M.S. and Antora, R.A. 2018. Effects of different drying methods on the proximate composition and antioxidant activities of Ocimum basilicum leaves. Food Research. 2 (5): 421 - 428.
- Muhammad Ezzudin, R. and Rabeta, M.S. 2018. A potential of Telang tree (Clitoria ternatea) in human health. Food Research. 2 (5): 415 - 420.
- Ahamed, A.R.G.B., Hossain, M.P., Antora, R.A. and Rabeta M.S. 2018. Physical and functional properties of Indian squid (Loligo duvauceli) and cuttlefish (Sepia latimanus) ink powder. Food Research. 2 (4): 314 - 319.
- Antora, R.A., Rabeta, M.S. and Norazatul Hanim, M.R. 2018. Evaluation of in vitro sucrase Inhibitory and non-enzymatic glycation properties of Ocimum tenuiflorum L. leaves. Food Research. 2 (4): 368 - 377.
- Lam See Ngar, Neda Ganjali Dashti and Rabeta Mohd Salleh. 2018. The anticancer effect of Ocimum tenuiflorum leaves. Food Research. 2 (2): 154 - 162.
- Lim, W.S., Rabeta, M.S. and Uthumporn, U. 2018. Development of functional beverage from Sapodilla (Manilkara Zapota L.) fruit. Food Research 2 (2): 163 - 170.
- Nurul Syafizan, R. and Rabeta M.S. 2018. Antioxidant activities of Barringtonia racemosa leaves. Food Research. 2 (2): 194 - 200.
- Tan Li Shan and Rabeta Mohd Salleh. 2018. Development and characterisation of Vitex negundo Linn. Noodles. Food Research. 2 (1): 68 - 75.
- Fatimah Zaharah Mohamad Yussoff and Rabeta Mohd Salleh. 2018. Antioxidant and Antimicrobial Activities of Squid Ink Powder. Food Research. 2 (1): 82 - 88.
- Raiya Adiba Antora and Rabeta Mohd Salleh. 2017. Antihyperglycemic effect of Ocimum plants: A short review. Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Biomedicine. Vol 7 (8): 755-759.
- Uthumporn, U, Laila, D.L., Rabeta, M.S., Aida, H., Ruri, A.S. 2016. Effects of Different Cooking Methods on the Physico-Chemical and Quality Attributes of Eggplants. International Journal on Advances Science Engineering Information Technology. Vol 6 (4): 460-464.
- Rabeta Mohd Salleh, Tee Lee Ying, Leila Mousavi. 2016. Development of Fruit Bar Using Sapodilla (Manilkara Zapota L.). Journal of Food Processing And Preservation.1-7 (IF=0.894).
- Leila Mousavi, Rabeta Mohd Salleh*, Vikneswaran Murugaiyah, Mohd Zaini Asmawi, 2016. Anti-diabetic chemical constituents isolated from traditional medicinal plants. Journal of Global Trends in Pharmaceutical Sciences 7(2): 3074-3083 (IF=1.3584).
- Leila Mousavi, Rabeta Mohd Salleh*, Vikneswaran Murugaiyah, Mohd Zaini Asmawi, 2016. Hypoglycemic and anti-hyperglycemic study of Ocimum tenuiflorum L. leave extracts in Normal and Streptozotocin induced diabetic rats, Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Biomedicine. Vol 6 (12): 1029-1036.
- M.S. Rabeta and Syafiqah. 2016. Proximate composition, mineral and total phenolic contents, and scavenging activity of breadnut fruit (Artocarpus camansi) J of Tropical Agriculture and Food Science. 44 (1): 1.
- M.S. Rabeta and S.P. Lin. 2015. Effects of Different Drying Methods on the Antioxidant Activities of Leaves and Berries of Cayratia trifolia. Sains Malaysiana. 44(2): 275-280. (IF=0.480).
- Rabeta Mohd Salleh, Neda Ganjali Dashti and Ong Ming Thong. 2014. Proximate Analysis and Anti-Proliferative Properties of Vitex negundo L. Sains Malaysiana. 43 (10): 1543-1547. (IF=0.480).
- Leila Mousavi, Rabeta Mohd Salleh, Vikneswaran Murugaiyah and Ong Ming Thong. 2014. Comparison of Antimicrobial Activity of Different Extract of Ocimum tenuiflorum L. Leaf and Stem. Annual Research & Review in Biology. 4(24): 3742-3750.
- Rabeta MS and Vithyia M. 2013. Effect of different drying methods on the antioxidant properties of Vitex negundo Linn. tea. International Food Research Journal 20 (6) : 3171-3176.
- Rabeta MS and Nur Faraniza R. 2013. Total phenolic content and ferric reducing antioxidant power of the leaves and fruits of Garcinia atrovirdis and Cynometra cauliflora. International Food Research Journal. 20(4): 1691-1696.
- Rabeta MS and Lai SY. 2013. Effects of drying, fermented and unfermented tea of Ocimum tenuiflorum Linn. on the antioxidant capacity. International Food Research Journal. 20(4): 1601-1608.
- Neda, G.D., Rabeta, M.S. and Ong, M.T. 2013. Chemical composition and anti-proliferative properties of flowers of Clitoria ternatea. International Food Research Journal. 20(3): 1229-1234.
- Rabeta, M. S., Chan, S.M, Neda, G. D., Lam, K. L. and Ong, M. T. 2013. Anticancer effect of underutilized fruits. International Food Research Journal. 20(2): 551-556.
- Lim, A.S.L. and Rabeta, M.S. 2013. Proximate analysis, mineral content and antioxidant capacity of Milk apple, Malay apple and Water apple. International Food Research Journal. 20(2): 673-679.
- Rabeta, M.S. and An Nabil, Z. 2013. Total phenolic compounds and scavenging activity in Clitoria ternatea and Vitex negundo Linn. International Food Research Journal. 20(1): 495-500.
- Rabeta Mohd Salleh, Suzana Shahar, Ahmad Rohi Ghazali, Normah Haron, Poh Bee Koon. 2011. Risk Factors for Breast Cancer among Women in Klang Valley, Malaysia. Health and the Environment Journal, Vol. 2 (2): 29-33.
- Suzana Shahar, Rabeta Mohd Salleh, Ahmad Rohi Ghazali, Poh Bee Koon and Wan Nazaimoon Wan Mohamud. 2010. Roles of Adiposity, Lifetime Physical Activity and Serum Adiponectin in Occurrence of Breast Cancer among Malaysian Women in Klang Valley. Asian Pacific J Cancer Prev, 11 (1): 61-66.
- Rabeta Mohd Salleh, Suzana Shahar, Ahmad Rohi Ghazali, Fatimah Arshad, Normah Haron and Wan Nazaimoon Wan Mohamud. 2008. Adiponectin Level and Risk of Breast Cancer: A Case Control Study in Klang Valley, Malaysia. The Malaysian Journal of Medical Sciences Vol 15, Supplement 1.
- Rabeta Mohd Salleh, Suzana Shahar, Fatimah Arshad, Ahmad Rohi Ghazali, Normah Haron dan Nor Fadilah Rajab. 2007. Abdominal Obesity Increased Breast Cancer Risk. Malaysian Journal of Health Science 5 (2): 17-28.
- Rabeta Mohd Salleh, Fauziah Othman, Asmah Rahmat, Nawalyah Abd. Ghani and Ho Oi Kuan. 2005. Morphological Changes in The Liver of the Rats Induced Hepatocarcinogen and Treated with Fresh Garlic (Allium sativum Linn.) Annals of Microscopy Vol 5 (April): 41-47.
- Rabeta Mohd Salleh, Asmah Rahmat, Nawalyah Abd. Ghani and Fauziah Othman. 2004. Effect of Supplementation of Fresh Garlic (Allium sativum Linn.) on Plasma and Liver Tumour Marker Enzyme Activities in Rats Treated with Diethylnitrosamine and 2- Acetylaminofluorene. Malaysian Journal of Clinical Biochemistry Vol 4 (1): 54-63.
1. Effect of post slaughter time interval (PSI) on the sensory, histology, biochemical and microbiological qualities of Heterotis niloticus. Journal of Food Processing and Preservation.
2. Mucilage of the edible fern, Stenochlaena palustris promotes the growth of Bifidobacterium and Lactobacillus for prebiotic assessment
Journal of Food Science and Technology.
4. Aloe vera gel coating incorporated with citric acid preserves chemical and microbiological qualities of fresh-cut melon? Food Research.
6. "PHYSICOCHEMICAL PROPERTIES, CHEMICAL COMPOSITIONS AND ANTIOXIDANT ACTIVITIES OF RHIZOME OILS
OF TWO VARIETIES OF KAEMPFERIA GALANGA," for Indonesian Journal ofChemistry.
- Effect of extraction solvent on the total phenolic content, carotenoid and antioxidant activity of Australian chia seed (Salvia hispanica L.) oil, 2020, Food Research.
- The employment of FTIR-ATR spectroscopy and chemometrics for the detection and quantification of lard oil in bovine milk fat”, 2020, Food Research.
- Phytochemical Screening and Antibacterial Activity Of the Root Coix lacryma jobi Oil's, 2020, Journal of Plant Biotechnology.
- Nitric oxide-mediated stress mitigation in plants under abiotic stress, 2020, Journal of Plant Biotechnology.
- Medicinal importance of moringa leaf for treating aneamic condition, 2020, Journal of Plant Biotechnology.
- Ergogenic, Anti-diabetic and Antioxidant Attributes of Selected Malaysian Herbs: Characterization of Flavonoids and Correlation of Functional Activities, 2020, International Food Research Journal.
- Development of mamud (Mangifera foetida Lour.) jam and consumer acceptance, 2020, Journal of Food Health and Bioenvironmental Science.
- Phytochemical Screening of Hylocereus Undatus (White Dragon Fruit) Foliage and Its Quantitative Analysis on Total Contents for Alkaloids, Flavonoids and Saponins. Journal of Food Processing and Preservation, 2020.
- Properties and Potential of Agarwood Hydrosol as A Drink: A Review, 2020, Food Research.
- Identification and quantification of bioactive compounds in Agave potatorum Zucc. leaves at different stages of development and a preliminary biological assay, 2020, Waste and Biomass Valorization (WAVE).
- Phytochemical Characterization and Biological Evaluation of two Ocimum species from North-western Himalayas: A comparative analysis, 2020, Vegetos.
- Effect of Containers and Different Storage Temperatures on Sapodilla (Manilkara zapota L.) Maturity. Biogenesis.
- Comparative study on DPPH Free radical scavenging and alpha-glucosidase inhibitory activities of ethanolic extracts from different parts of Durian Plants (Durio zibethinus Murr.)”. Food Research FR-2019-085.
- Optimisation of Browning Value of Maillard Reaction for Gelatine Powder by Response Surface Methodology (RSM) for Halal Authentication. Food Research FR-2019-116.
- Traditional vegetables (ulam) of Borneo as source of functional food and for health. Food Research FR-2019-138.
- Extract of Ceplukan (Physalis angulata L) Inhibited Proliferation and Induced Apoptosis in Myeloma Cell Line. Food Research FR-2019-168.
- FTIR spectroscopy coupled with multivariate calibration and discriminant analysis for authentication of extra virgin olive oil from rambutan seed fat. Food Research FR-2019-182.
- Antimicrobial activities of extracts from Buddleja salviifolia. Food Research FR-2019-195.
- Antimicrobial activities of extracts from stem-bark of Tagetes minuta. Food Research FR-2019-238.
- Discrimination of Porcine and Bovine Gelatins based on Reducing Sugar Types on Maillard Reaction. Food Research. FR-2019-297.
- Comparison of phytochemicals, antioxidant and anti-cholinesterase activity of ripe and unripe fruit of Sonneratia caseolaris. Food Research FR-2019-277.
- Phenolic Profiling of Selected Herbal Plants: Free, Soluble Bound and Insoluble Bound Phenolics and Their Antioxidant Activities. Indonesian Journal of Chemistry.
- Piper Sarmentosum Leaf as a Promising Non-Toxic Antiparasitic Agent Against Trypanosoma Evansi-Induced Mice," for Malaysian Journal of Microscopy.
- Anti-inflammatory, Antioxidant, Anticancer activities and Bioavailability of Wogonin, an active biocomponent of Scutellaria baicalensis Georgi. Issues in Biological Sciences and Pharmaceutical Research -19-004.
- The potential of antioxidant-rich Maoberry (Antidesma bunius) extract on fat metabolism in liver tissues of rats fed a high-fat diet. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine BCAM-D-19-00712R1.
- Evaluation of anti-mitotic, anti-proliferation, and anti-cancer potential of fermented Citrullus vulgaris extracts. Food Science & Nutrition.
- The role of chemometrics in combination with molecular spectroscopic and chromatographic methods for authentication of Curcuma species: a review. Food Research. FR-2019-366.
- Unearthing the /phytochemical composition and essential mineral profile, antioxidant and antimicrobial potential of unutilized parts of Jackfruit. Food Research. FR-2019-326.
1. Nutritional and functional properties of instant noodles produced from blends of sweet potato, soybean and corn flour. Food Research.
2. The Protective Effects Of Stachytarpheta Jamaicensis (L.) Vahl On Lps-Induced Hepatic And Renal Injury In Icr Mice. Malaysian Journal of Microscopy.
3. GCMS analysis of Cymbopogon nardus essential oils from Malaysia. Archives Orofacial Sciences.
4. Nutritional and functional properties of instant noodles produced from blends of sweet potato, soybean and corn flourOriental , 2018, Oriental Pharmacy and Experimental Medicine.
5. Parsley (Petroselinum crispum) Supplementation Attenuates Hyperuricemia and Structures Changes of Liver and Kidney in Oxonate-induced Hyperuricemic rats, 2018, Oriental Pharmacy and Experimental Medicine.
6. Product improvement on Chinese steamed bread enriched with green banana flour, 2018, Food Research.
7. Effect Of Drying, Roasting And Storage To Antioxidant (Tocopherol) In Dried Macadamia Nut,, 2018, Indonesian Journal of Chemistry.
8. Antioxidant Activity of Conjugated Linoleic Acid Acid (CLA) Transformation from Risinoleate of Castor Oil, 2018, Indonesian Journal of Chemistry.
9. Effect of different extraction solvents on polyphenols and antioxidant capacity of Peel, Pulp and Seed Kernel of Kuini (Mangifera odorata), 2018, Oriental Pharmacy and Experimental Medicine.
10. Anti- inflammatory effect of Prunus tomentosa Thunb total flavones in LPS-induced RAW264.7 cells, 2018, Open Chemistry.
11. Microscopic Characteristics As Preliminary Identification Of Aspergillus Spp. From Beach Sand, 2018, Malaysian Journal of Microscopy.
12. Acute Nicotine Treatment Ameliorated The Ultrastructural Changes Of Neuron In The Hippocampus Ca1 Region Due To Rem Sleep Deprivation, 2018, Malaysian Journal of Microscopy.
13. Development and Acceptability of Sponge Cake Incorporated with Coconut Residue Powder", 2018, Malaysian Journal of Nutrition.
14. Effects of thermal processing methods and simulated digestion on the phenolic content and antioxidant activity of lotus leaves, 2018, Journal of Food Processing and Preservation.
15. Supercritical Co2 Extraction Of Essential Oil From Jasmine Flower And Yield Optimization” (A258) , 2018, International Conference of Chemical Engineering and Industrial Biotechnology.
16. Comparative evaluation of protease extraction from leaves of Syzigium polyanthum” (A105), 2018, International Conference of Chemical Engineering and Industrial Biotechnology.
17. Evaluation of acute toxicity induced by supercritical carbon dioxide extract of Canarium Odontophyllum (CO) Miq. pulp oil in SPF Sprague-Dawley Rats", 2018, Malaysian Journal of Medicine & Health Sciences.
18. Hypoglycemic, hypolipidemic and reno-pancreatic injury protective potential of combined formulation of Tribulus terrestris and Andrographis paniculata in alloxan induced mice, 2018, African Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology.
19. In vivo screening of the extract of Solenostemon monstachus and Ocimum gratissimum for the management of type II diabetes, 2018, Endocrinology, Diabetes and Obesity.
20. Antihyperglycemic Activity of Medicinal plant Eruca sativa against Streptozotocin Induced Diabetes in Rats, 2018, OPENCHEM.
1. Antioxidant activity, total phenolic content and total flavonoid content of water and methanol extracts of Phyllanthus species from Malaysia, 2017, International Food Research Journal
2. Proximate, Mineral and Polyphenol Compositions of Unfermented and Fermented Sabah Snake Grass (Clinacanthus Nutans Lind.) Teas and Their Infusions.", 2017, International Food Research Journal.
3. Anti-Diabetic Effects of Niclosamide Ethanolamine and Metformin in Mouse Models, 2017, Journal of Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolic Disorders.
4. Antioxidant activity, minerals and essential oils composition from Algerian medicinal plants ( Juniperus oxycedrus , Thymus capitatus ,Laurus nobilis and Eruca vesicaria, 2017, International Food Research Journal
1. Adiponectin, Leptin And Objectively Measured Physical Activity In Adults: A Brief Review. Malaysian Journal Of Medical Sciences - Manuscript Id 04-2016-083-Ra.R1.
2.An Electrochemical Perspective Assay For Anticancer Activity Of Calotropis Procera Against Ln18 Glioblastoma Cell Line Using Carbon Nanotubes- Graphene Nano-Conglomerate As A Podium".Ms. Ref. No.: Aml1406395. Advanced Materials Letters, Vbri Press.
3. Manuscript IFRJ15017, Entitled 'Relative Contribution Of Oxalic Acid, Phytate And Tannic Acid On The Bioavailability Of Calcium From Various Calcium Salts - An In Vitro Study'.
4. A Biochemical Evaluation Of Four Forage Legumes”. Ms: Arj-16-0015. Arj.
5. Manuscript IFRJ16020, Entitled 'Optimization Of Β-Galactosidase Production From Penicillium Sp. For Synthesis Of Gos Using Whey As Lactose Source'.
6. Comparative Studies Of Pigment And Nutrient Contents Of Various Castor Genotypes. Journal of Tropical Agriculture and Food Science (JTAFS). : JTAFS 36/2015 (2).
7. DRJAFS-16-July18-DRJA11171171. Direct Research Journal of Health and Pharmacology (DRJHP). Effects Of Aqueous Leaf Extract Of Cola Nitida On Parasitaemia, In Vitro Antioxidant And Biochemical Parameters In Plasmodium Berghei Infected Mice.
8. Optimization of sponge cake formulation with Palmyrah food resources and evaluation of its quality characteristics”. International Research Journal of Agricultural and Food Sciences.
9. Drying process affects bioactive compounds in hawthorn species. Acta Scientiarum Polonorum Hortorum Cultus.
10. Anti-Oxidant And Anti-Cancer Activities Of Pseuduvariamacrophylla”. Issues in Biological Sciences and Pharmaceutical Research.
11.Brazilian Myrtaceae fruits: a review of anticancer proprieties. SCIENCEDOMAIN international.
12.JFPP-07-16-0887 entitled "Effect of extraction solvents and drying methods on bioactive compounds and antioxidant properties of Catharanthus roseus (L.) G. Don (Patricia White cultivar)" for the Journal of Food Processing and Preservation.
13. IFRJ15017.R1. 'Relative contribution of oxalic acid, phytate and tannic acid on the bioavailability of calcium from various calcium salts - an in vitro study'.
14. IFRJ16028.R1. Title: 'The characterization of bioactive peptides of goat milk fermented to activities as anti-hypercholerolemia'.
15. Immuno-Nutritional Benefits of Ginger Rhizome in Streptozotocin-Nicotinamide Induced Diabetic Rats” on Behalf of The Malaysian J Nutrition (Mjn).
16. Manuscript Ifrj16745, Entitled 'Influence Of Storage Duration On The Physicochemical Properties And 5-Hydroxymethylfurfural Concentration In Malaysian Tualang Honey', .
17. Paper Id: 255. Title: Preliminary Study Of Microwave Assisted Extraction For The Recovery Of The Biological Active Compound Of Musa Sp. The 3rd International Conference of Chemical Engineering and Industrial Biotechnology (Icceib 2016) Organized By Faculty Of Chemical & Natural Resources Engineering, Universiti Malaysia Pahang, And Is Under Consideration For Publication In Iium Engineering Journal.
18. “Efficacies of Eruca sativa and Raphanus sativus seeds' oils in Streptozotocin-induced Diabetic Rats”. Manuscript Number: IJCEM-16-RA-123. Journal Name: International Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism
19. Interaction, Synergism And Mechanism Of Rare Earth Extraction In Binary Extractant Mixture. Paper ID: 154. The above manuscript has been submitted to the 3rd International Conference of Chemical Engineering and Industrial Biotechnology (ICCEIB 2016) organized by Faculty of Chemical & Natural Resources Engineering, Universiti Malaysia Pahang, and is under consideration for publication in Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences.
20. Cytogenetic estimation of broccoli extract on dexamethasone treated mice. Electronic
Journal of Biology (eJBio). Ref.: Ms. No. iMedPub-16-1728.
21. An Evidence Based Review On The Effect Of Momordica Charantia (Bitter Gourd) On Diabetic Complications. Paper ID No : 28. Special Issues of Pertanika Journal of
Science & Technology (JST).
22. Antioxidant Activity and Phenolic Compounds of Eupatorium odoratum Extracts.
Paper ID No : 33. Special Issues of Pertanika Journal of Science & Technology (JST).
1. Guava, Papaya, Pineapple, And Pomelo Juices Inhibit Pancreatic Lipase Activity And Cholesterol Micelle Solubility" International Journal Of Food Properties. Manuscript ID LJFP-2015-0052 .
2. Antioxidant Activity From Ethanolic Extracts Of Bee Pollen From Malaysian Stingless Bee Measured Using DPPH-HPLC Assay. IFRJ – 2015-012.
3. The Antioxidant Evaluation Of Mixed Fruit Juice By Using TPC, FRAP And DPPH Assays. JTAFS 16/2015 (1) . Journal Of Tropical Agriculture And Food Science (JTAFS).
1. Assessment of phytochemicals and antioxidant properties of unfermented and fermented teas from Sabah Snake Grass (Clinacanthus nutans Lind.) leaves. IFRJ-2014-449. International Food Research Journal.
2. Antioxidant and anti-ulcer effects of ethyl acetate fraction of Merremia tridentate L. Hallier f. root. 2nd International Conference in Agricultural and Food Engineering (CAFEi 2014).
3. Characterization of Emulsified Bioactive-Compound from Extracted Gaharu Oil Using Gel Electrophoresis Method. 2nd International Conference in Agricultural and Food Engineering (CAFEi 2014).
4. Assay Plant as Natural Antioxidant of Capparis Spinosa Root Bark. 2nd International Conference in Agricultural and Food Engineering (CAFEi 2014).
5. Nitrite, nitrate and colour analysis of Malaysian edible bird’s nest. 2nd International Conference in Agricultural and Food Engineering (CAFEi 2014).
6. Hypocholesterolaemic and Hypoglycemic Effect of Cowpea (Vigna Unguiculata L. Walp) Incorporated Experimental Diets in Wistar RATS (Rattus Norvegicus). 2nd International Conference in Agricultural and Food Engineering (CAFEi 2014).
7. Natural Antioxidant Properties of Selected Wild Mangifera Species in Malaysia. Journal of Tropical Agriculture and Food Science.
8. Fractionation of terpenes from citrus oil model compounds with supercritical CO2. Special Issue of Jurnal Teknologi (UTM).
9. Deployment of response surface methodology to optimize recovery of dark dried fig (Ficus carica L. var Azenjar) total phenolic compounds and antioxidant activity. IFRJ-2014-005. International Food Research Journal.
1. Extraction of virgin coconut oil using supercritical fluid CO2. Special Issue of Jurnal Teknologi (UTM).
2. Effect of blueberry pulp on physic-chemical and sensory characteristics of chicken sausages. ISJ-13-627. International Scholars Journals.
3. Measuring impact of factors influencing purchase intention towards green products: Sahiwal Clothing industry perspective (WASJ-2013-1344). World Applied Sciences Journal.
4. The Effect of Extraction Conditions on Total Phenolic Content and Free Radical Scavenging Capacity of Selected Tropical Fruits’ Peel. Health and the Environment Journal.
5. The Impact of Brand Image and Customer Experience on Consumer Loyalty in Telecom Sector of Pakistan-Sahiwal University Student’s Perspective (WASJ-2013-1340). World Applied Sciences Journal.
6. The Role of Printing in Toy Packaging (WASJ-2013-1180). World Applied Sciences Journal.
7. Green Tea and Oral Health: A natural anti-oxidant Therapy with Cariostatic Benefits. IBSPR-13-021. Issues in Biological Sciences and Pharmaceutical Research.
8. Performance of open core gasifier with briquette of different crop residues. ISJ-13-915 (2). International Scholars Journals.
9. Total phenolic content, antioxidant and cytotocity activities of cocoa (Theobroma cacao L.) polyphenols extract towards cancer cell lines. (407/2013). Malaysian Journal of Nutrition.
10. MIDENO’S SCHEMES As Agent of Rural Agricultural Development: The Case of Maize Production in Mezam Division in Cameroon. ISJ-13-892. International Scholars Journals.
11. Effects of extraction conditions on antioxidant properties of sapodilla fruit (Manilkara zapota). IFRJ-2013-239. International Food Research Journal.
12. In vitro antioxidant activities of aqueous and methanolic extracts of Smyrnium cordifolium Boiss and Sinapis arvensis L. IFRJ-2013-125. International Food Research Journal.
13. Nutritional, anti-nutritional and anti-radical properties of Cucumis dipsaceus Ehrenb. Ex Spach fruit. IFRJ-2013-275. International Food Research Journal.
14. Analysis of value added on domestic livestock and livestock waste management revenue in Bali, Indonesia. ISJ-13-840 (2). International Scholars Journals.
2. Vice President Parent-Teacher Association SM Keb Lunas Mac 2018-Mac2019.
3. AJK Hadhanah Pusat Islam 2014-2019.
4. Committee – Kesihatan dan Kesejahteraan Hayat Majlis Agama Islam Negeri Pulau Pinang (1 Jan 2010- 31 Disember 2011).
5. Penolong Penggawa Desasiswa Restu 1 Feb 2011- 14 Mac 2012.
1. Hadiah Sanjungan 2010
2. Committee member Microscopy Society Malaysia.
(March 2014-March 2016)
3. Assistant Secretary Microscopy Society Malaysia.
(March 2018-March 2020)
4. Silver Medal Instant Natural Blue Rice (SIRIM SI2TE 2018)
5. Silver Medal Instant Lemuni Rice Rice (SIRIM SI2TE 2018)
6. Gold Medal Instant Lemuni Rice Rice (NICERS 2018)
7. Gold Medal XpressHeal Drink (NICERS 2018)
8. Gold Medal Instant Natural Blue Rice (NICERS 2018)
9. Best Innovation (category food and beverage) Instant Natural Blue Rice (NICERS 2018)
10. Innovation 1st Runner Up (Professional) Instant Natural Blue Rice (NICERS 2018)
11. Best poster presenter at 2nd International Conference of Herbal Medicine 4-5 Sept 2018 (ICHM 2018). The fortification of Instant Lemuni with Bionanoweb (Yarsi Universitas, Jakarta).
1. Life member - Microscopy Society Malaysia
- (Committee 2014-2016)
(Assistant secretary 2018-2020).
2. Ordinary member – Nutrition Society Malaysia.