Noor Aziah Serri
Dr. Noor Aziah Serri
- Enzymology / Enzyme Technology
- Bioprocess Technology
SUBJECTS | UNDERGRADUATE SUPERVISION
IBK 104/3 Fundamental of Bioprocess Technology
IBG 302/3 Bioreactor Operation (Laboratory)
IBK 313/2 Bioprocess Instrumentation and Control
IBK 214/4 Enzyme Technology
- Enzymatic reaction
- Recycling municipal waste
- Recovery of valuable product from food waste
National (at national level)
- Kinetics and Mass Transfer study of esterification of sugar ester via immobilized lipase (FRGS) (2013-2016)
- Enzymatic Esterification for Optimal Production of Monoglycerides via Immobilized Lipase TRGS (2015-2018)
- Extraction of sugar derivatives from food waste for sugar ester production via immobilized lipase (short-term) (2014-2018)
- Biorefinery On Microalgae : Biomass Utilization For Biofuel Production (Bridging grant) 2018-present
- Nur Suhaila Salleh (MSc- graduated)
- Nur Artikah binti Muhammad Shahrin (on-going)
- Lavanya a/p Anbalagan (on-going)
Corresponding Author (Journal)
- Serri NA, Kamaruddin AH, Long WS. Studies of reaction parameters on synthesis of Citronellyl laurate ester via immobilized Candida rugosa lipase in organic media (2006) Bioprocess and Biosystem Engineering,29(4) pp: 253-260
- Serri NA, Kamaruddin AH, Len KYT. A continuous esterification of malonic acid with citronellol using packed bed reactor: Investigation of parameter and kinetics study (2010) Food and Bioproducts Processing 88 pp: 327-332.
- N.A. Serri, A.H. Kamarudin, S.N. Abdul Rahaman (2008). Preliminary studies for production of fatty acids from hydrolysis of cooking palm oil using C. rugosa lipase. Journal of Physical Science. vol 19(1) p 79-88
- Suhaila Salleh, Yen Shan See, NA Serri, Sufia Hena & HA Tajaruddin (2016). Synthesis of butyl butyrate in 93% yield by Thermomyces lanuginosus lipase on waste eggshells. Environmental Chemistry Letters, Vol 14(2) p 189-194.
- H. Runa., N.A Serri and H. Ahmad (2017). Synthesis of fructose laurate: Optimization and thermodynamic study. International Food Research Journal, p S287-S291.
- Noor Aziah Binti Serri, Mooi Lik Sze, 2018, High Reusable of Egg Shells Immobilized Lipase for Butyl Butyrate Synthesis under Optimum Condition, ASM Science Journal. https://doi.org/10.32802/asmscj.2019.247
- Othman, M. F., Tamat, M. R., Wan Nadiah, W. A., Serri, N. A., Aziz, H. A. and Tajarudin, H. A. (2017) Bioconversion of leachate to Acetic and Butyric Acid By Clostridium butyricum NCIMB 7423 in Membrane Fermentor, Pertanika J Science and Technology, 25 (S): 39-48.
- Mohd Asyraf Kassim, Kean Meng Tan and Noor Aziah Serri, Enzymatic hydrolysis of dilute alkaline pretreated Chlorella sp. Biomass for biosugar production and fed-batch bioethanol fermentation (2019)
Chapters in book
- A.H Kamaruddin, N.A. Serri, J.H. Sim, S.F.A. Halim dan S.R.A. Rahaman, (2013) A bio-route production of biodiesel in Advances in biofuels, Springer, pp 107-126
- Husnul Azan Tajarudin, Mohd Redzwan Tamat, Mohd Firdaus Othman, Noor Aziah Serri and Nastain Qamarul Zaman (2016) Energy Recovery by Biological Process, Springer International publishing, pp 227-249
- HA Tajaruddin, MF Othman, NA Serri, and MR Tamat Biological Treatment technology for landfill leachate (2015), IGI Global, 31 pages.
- Mohd Asyraf Kassim, HPS Abdul Khalil, Noor Aziah Serri, Mohamad Haafiz Mohamad Kassim, Muhammad Izzuddin Syakir, NA Sri Aprila and Rudi Dungani (2016) Irridiation pretreatment of tropical biomass and biofiber for biofuel production, InTech, Janeza Trdine, Croatia, pp329-356
- Inhibition of C. butyricum to end product. H. Azan Tajaruddin, M. Redzwan Tamat,N. Fauzan N. Halim & N.A. Serri. Proceeding of XII International Science Conference, 29-30 September 2014, Istanbul Turkey,vol.8, number 9 Part XIV pp :1746-1750
- Hartiny Runa, Nurain Arzmi, Suhaila Salleh, NA Serri* (2015) Optimization of fructose fatty acid esters production using response surface methodology (RSM). 10th Curtin University Technology, Science and Engineering International Conference (CUTSE 2015)
- Siti Fadzlin Kamila Fadzil, NA Serri*, AH Kamaruddin, Husnul Azan Tajaruddin (2015). Extraction of sugar derivatives from food waste via enzymatic reaction. 5th International Conference on Environment 2015 (ICENV 2015) organised by School of Chemical Engineering, USM, pp 676-684
- Suhaila Salleh, N.A Serri, Sufia Hena and H Azan Tajaruddin. Preliminary studies on immobilization of lipase using chicken eggshell. 5th International Conference on Chemical and Bioprocess Engineering (ICCBPE) 2015 paper ID 052.
- Suhaila Salleh, *Noor Aziah Serri, Sufia Hena, Husnul Azan Tajaruddin, Azlina Harun@Kamaruddin. Feasibility study of lipase immobilized on chicken eggshell for synthesis of sugar ester. 4th International symposium of fundamental and applied sciences (IFAS) 2016 pp 855-860
- Hartiny Runa,Noor Aziah Serri and Harlina Ahmad (2016), Synthesis of Fructose Ester : Optimization and Thermodynamic Study inproceedings of the International Conference Biotechnology Engineering, ICBioE 2016 July 25-27, 2016, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia International Islamic University Malaysia, pp 350-353
- Muhammad Redzwan bin Tamat, Mohd Firdaus bin Othman, , , NA Serri, Husnul Azan bin Tajarudin Effect of Iron (Fe 3+) and Magnesium (Mg 2+) during biodegradation of organic matter by Clostridium butyricum in the leachate, Proceedings of the International Conference on Energy, Environment and Material Science (EEMAS), 2015, Agios Nikolas, Crete, Greece, 17-19 October, pp100-105.
- Noor Aziah Binti Serri, NA Muhammad Shahrin, Noor Hana Hanif Binti Abu Bakar, 2018, crude glycerol for monoolein production using nanotubes supported lipase, 2nd International Conference on Applied Sciences & Industrial Technology 2018.
- Hanisah Kamilah, A Fazilah, NA Serri* (2015) Esterification of waste cooking oil (palm oil based) by Candida rugosa lipase,5th international conference for Young Chemists ICYC (poster)
1. BioInnovation Awards 2014, Silver Awards, Acetic and butyric acid production from leachate, Malaysian Biotechnology Corporation Sdn. Bhd dan Kementerian Sains, Teknologi dan Inovasi Malaysia/Pameran Biomalaysia & Bioeconomy Asia Pacific Asia Pacific 2014 Conference & Exhibition, Husnul Azan Tajaruddin, Hamidi Abdul Aziz, Mohd Redzwan Tamat,Mohd Firdaus Othman, Malaysian Biotechnology Corporation Sdn. Bhd dan Kementerian Sains, Teknologi dan Inovasi Malaysia/Pameran Biomalaysia & Bioeconomy Asia Pacific Asia Pacific 2014 Conference & Exhibition, 19/11/2014,
2. GOLD, Water-miscible oil paint, Novel Research & Innovation Competition (NRIC) 2016, Chin Pei Wen, Lee Choon Wai, Noor Aziah Serri (Advisor) Novel Research International Competition (NRIC) 2016, 18/8/2016